Eats & Treats: Summer Recipes
Summer can be the hottest season so far, so here are some recipes you can make at home to beat the heat of the summer.
1. Mangonada Popsicles:
These mango popsicles are sweet but tangy treats that are so easy to make at home!
- 2 large mangoes or mango juice
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 Lime
- Popsicle Mold
- Popsicle sticks
- To make a mangonada, you’re gonna first need mangoes (or mango juice will do just as well too).
- You will need a popsicle mold and popsicle sticks. The Dollar Store or the 99 Cents Store has tons of molds that you can use.
- If you are using a blender you will need to cut the mangos cup into small pieces because the smaller pieces will be easier to blend. Then you will need to add two tablespoons of sugar and one juice of a lime. Blend until smooth.
- Get your mold or a plastic cup and start to top it with a 1 ½ teaspoon of chamoy, or as much as you like into each mold or cup, and sprinkle a good amount of tajin.
- Lastly, add the blended mango or mango juice into the molds or cup
- Pop it into the freezer for 5-6 hours and enjoy!
2. Frozen Yogurt Cups:
These sweet treats are more on the healthier side but are still easy recipes to try at home!
- 1 cup of a oats
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Any choosing of yogurt you prefer
- Fruits of your choice. (strawberry, kiwi, mango, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries are ones I used)
- Muffin pan
- Muffin liners
- Start off by adding your oats, peanut butter, and maple syrup in a bowl and mixing them well. You should get a thick consistency.
- Grab your muffin tin and start putting muffin liners on the ones you want.
- Start by putting your oat mixture and pressing it inside the muffin liners with your fingers. Press down to make sure it sticks down.
- Add your choice of yogurt on top of the oat mixture and add your choice of fruits on top.
- Freeze for 3 – 4 hours
- When finished, let the yogurt cups thaw out for 5 minutes and enjoy!