A Treat for Your Valentine: Chocolate Chip Cookies
By Joseph Kilis
This Valentine’s Day, treat yourself (and a loved one) to some of the best cookies you’ve ever tried. These cookies could impress any crush, or be a great treat to eat alone. My family has made many memories through this recipe, from highs and lows, and holidays. Here’s what you’ll need:
> 1 ½ Cups Butter (softened)
> 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
> 1 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
> 2 Eggs (Large)
> 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
> 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
> 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
> 1 Teaspoon Salt
> 1 Package (6 Ounces) of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
> 1 Cup Chopped Nuts (Pecans or Walnuts are Preferred)
> Additional Salt for Topping
- Preheat oven to 375℉ or 190℃.
- Take Softened Butter, Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, and Eggs and mix in a large bowl. Once the mixture is done, it should take on a creamy or fluffy texture.
- Once you have creamed those ingredients, add the flour. Do this in increments of three, to fully spread the flour within your wet ingredients. After combining flour with the wet mixture, add the Baking Soda and Salt. Mix until combined.
- You’re almost done! Now, add in your Chocolate Chips, and Nuts if preferred. Mix until these ingredients are fully incorporated.
- After greasing your cookie sheets, take a big spoon (preferably about a tablespoon) of dough, roll it into a ball using your hands, and place it on the sheet.
- Placing them about three inches apart, you should have a total of about six cookies per cookie sheet.
- Once the oven is preheated, place cookies onto the middle rack, and bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until you see a golden color around the edges of the cookie.
- After baking, immediately add a small sprinkle of salt to the top of each cookie. Let cookies sit, preferably on cooling racks, for about another 8-10 minutes.